FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job type: Full time
- Performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of clients to and from various destinations in the country office.
- Assists clients during entry and exit from vehicles as necessary and other courtesies.
- Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of the vehicle; washes exterior and cleans interior; ensures maintenance and repair of the vehicle.
- Transports Country Office staff, consultants, and visitors to designated approved locations.
- Ensures safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the vehicle.
- Provides day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle with timely oil changes, inspections, brakes, and tire pressure.
- Makes arrangements for major repairs for the vehicle when needed.
- Ensures all required documents with the vehicle are in order and up to date regarding vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, and necessary spare parts.
- Plans route and requirements based on schedule or ad-hoc requests by the office.
- Ensures passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
- Fulfills special requests by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands.
- May provide protection for clients in locations deemed high risk.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving & Impact:
- Identifies and recognizes problems that have established procedures and limited impact.
- Refers non-standard questions and problems to higher level.
- Errors can be easily and quickly detected within the immediate work unit and would result only minor disruption or expense to correct.
- Supervision Given/Received:
- General supervision and instructions given for routine work and detailed instructions with periodic work review given for new activities or special assignments.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and with contacts outside the organization.
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- 0-3 years of related driving experience.
- Must have a trade test certificate, a valid driving license and a clean driving record.
- Experience in the operation of large vehicles; or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
- Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
Application Closing Date
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.