Buffer Media is a mobile marketing & VAS enabler that connect top brands with millions of people in Africa, locating them via mobile interactions. We enable monetization of mobile content (games, app, videos, music, CRBT) in Nigeria, and help mobile subscribers locate amazing products, services & apps via mobile advertising
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Java Software Developer
- The Java Software Developer and IT Business Analyst will be responsible for developing, testing, installing and monitoring software applications, in order to ensure that the software performance meets company and user’s requirements.
- This role is best suited to candidates with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based solutions with Java technologies, strong in depth SQL-Server development experience as well as cloud computing and hosting.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server development, SQL and Oracle Databases. The candidate needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career. He must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details.
- Must have an understanding of agile methodology, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
Experience and Qualifications
- Creating, maintaining and implementing the source code that makes up the application or program. Also responsible for designing the prototype application, indicating program unit structure, and coordinating application plans with other members of the development team or customer.
- Responsible for designing, developing, delivering, and improving in-house software applications on a variety of platforms and systems.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements.
- Delivery experience with JAVA framework
- Working closely with other staff on the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information.
- Finding and fixing faults in applications.
- Solving application problems in a timely manner.
- Ensuring proper version control and documentation of development activity.
- Developing user guides and providing varying degrees of software support.
- Making sure that applications can be run on existing and new hardware.
- Creating applications tailored to business needs to run on platforms/hardware.
- Delivering technical presentations/demonstrations of work.
- Researching, identifying and recommending new applications that would improve company operations.
- Applying proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve software application issues through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of the company’ IT investments and initiatives.
- Reports – Generating the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports and presentations based on applications developed or improved on.
- Monitoring and managing databases for optimal performance.
- Recognize business needs of the organization and create new applications that answer those needs.
Candidate should have:
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc, B.A) in Computer Science, Computer or Electronic Engineering or similar disciplines.
- 4-5 years of web application development experience.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- 4+ years delivery experience with Java technologies on Spring and hibernet
- Extensive experience with Oracle database.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012).
- Experience in cloud computing and hosting
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite)
28th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is only for Lagos based residents
- Please be aware that we will contact only candidates who best match the requirements of the position.