Recore Limited - Our client has requested our services in the provision of a suitably qualified candidate with expertise in Mechanical Engineering for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Manager (Mechanical Engineer)
Qualifications and Experience
- Lead the Asset Maintenance team and manage interface with other units
- Provide support and leadership to Service Line and Operations with sales/ detailed quotations/ planning and execution of projects.
- Efficiently execute projects and safely achieve schedule, cost, quality targets ensuring 100% adherence to technical policies and procedures. Implement overall project strategies and objectives to deliver the interest of stakeholders.
- Participate in relevant bid meetings to establish product/ quality compliance relevant to the successful completion of a contract and ensure cost/ profit margins and schedule are achievable.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, partners, suppliers and staff.
- Ensure that the products and services provided by global partners benefit from the project management process.
- Use professional judgment to ensure that partners’ products and services are safe, effective, competitive and meet all necessary regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Manage time within agreed project delivery schedules ensuring efficient utilization of all required personnel and equipment in collaboration with workforce operations and equipment group.
- Ensure that the performance of internal service providers and third parties meet the expected project schedules, budgets, quality and safety standards.
- Manage day-to-day project activities including management of partner and shareholder relationships to ensure requirements and aspirations are fully met.
- Manage cost reporting and ensure that cost leadership plans and targets are continuously updated and implemented during project implementation.
- Evaluate local work elements and develop execution strategy for the project activities including management of interface with partners and the National Oil Company
- Maintain close contact with partners for cross learning.
- Close out projects effectively, ensuring payments are received by all stakeholders including partners and complete customer/ client satisfaction surveys and lessons learned meetings and prepare the project final report.
- Actively promote the organizations’ core values.
Application Closing Date
- Five or more years of cognate experience in Mechanical Engineering (since graduation from a recognized university).
- Project Management experience and ideally a formal qualification with demonstrable competence is a necessity
- Minimum of three years cognate experience in the Oil and Gas sector is a necessity.
- Master's certification in Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline is an added advantage
- Knowledge and certification in PRINCE2 and other relevant professional certifications will be an added advantage
- Excellent management skills with acute financial awareness
- Excellent communication skills with internal/ external stakeholders at all levels.
- Understanding of the technical issues and business risks associated with similar business in the region especially Nigeria
- Ability to work within a multidiscipline and multinational team, and demonstrate good team working skills
- Capable of rigorously implementing and enforcing global standards, procedures and guidelines in engineering work processes
- Quick thinking, dynamic and persistent to achieve results
- Ability to identify and to respond to clients/ partners’ requirements in a diplomatic manner.
- Familiarity with approval and assurance processes of IOCs, NOCs.
- Passionate about Safety, driving safety performance in the project execution
- Self-motivated, decisive and committed.
- Good knowledge of the markets, competitors, products and services.
- Good working knowledge of computer systems, programmes and Microsoft packages
19th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume to: [email protected]
with the subject of the mail being the position applied for.
Candidates are advised to possess 90% of the requirements (qualifications and experience) before Resumes’ should be forwarded.