First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Corporate Control
Ref No: 19000005
Organization: Chief Financial Officer Directorate
Job Type: Full-time
- Participate in the development of internal control framework for the bank’s corporate office functions; including Risk Management; Strategic Resource Functions, Treasury, Shared Services, First Shared Services and others as defined
- Planning, execution, monitoring and reporting control activities for the bank’s corporate office functions
- Identification of operational lapses in the corporate office functions and tracking closure by risk owners
- Prevention and/or detection of operational/fraud losses through systematic risk control reviews of corporate office functions
- Responsibility for the integrity of financial records in the bank’s corporate office functions and drive initiatives for bank wide reconciliation issues having control oversight for Financial Control
- Review of new products, processes and procedures of corporate office functions (non-IT/digital) for full control adequacy prior to implementation
- Implementing sound independent control policies and standards covering all sources of risks (financial and non-financial).
- Ensuring policy and process compliance by corporate office functions
- Providing control counseling, advisory and decision support services including performance management to business units and strategic resource functions.
- Creating and maintaining a best in class internal control system and culture over the corporate control functions in the bank.
- Training, coaching, mentoring, managing and supervising Corporate Control Team Leads in Head Office for effective performance.
- Minimum Education: BSC/HND in any relevant discipline (Accounting, Economics and any other related field); ICAN/ACCA
- Master degree and other certifications in related field will be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
- Minimum experience – Twelve (12) years relevant working experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online