Aesthetic Clinic - A medical service provider located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city. Our focus is diagnosing and treating cosmetic and non-cosmetic skin conditions in all ages, improving physical appearance while emphasizing preventive medicine and the overall health and wellness of patients through the anti-aging and wellness medical service.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Spa Therapist
Purpose of the Job
Duties and Responsibilities
- At SKIN101, it is necessary for us to respond to needs and workloads across the entire business. Therefore, we need to remain flexible and work as a team, and in line with this, you may be asked to assist in other areas, vary your working times (including reasonable overtime) and/or perform other tasks which are consistent with your skills and abilities.
- The purpose med spa therapy is getting result oriented, corrective evidence based medical skin care procedures for treating fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation (sun spots), skin laxity, loss of facial volume, acne, fat pockets and all of the other unwanted conditions, also massages given for pain relief and physical /mental relaxation.
- The post holder will report to Head of clinical services
In this role, post holder will be Responsible and Accountable for:
- To serve as part of the marketing team for the clinic and work towards maintaining exceptional clinic standards:
- We pride ourselves in being a patient-centric clinic. We are not your regular medical clinic. We are all about providing an experience that is pleasant and memorable for the patient EACH time. To this effect, BEYOND EXCELLENT customer service to all patients is key. You should ensure that every patient leaves the clinic happy.
- Every contact with patients within and outside the clinic is an opportunity to make a good impression about us. You should maximize this opportunity. You will be provided with business cards you can distribute in social and professional settings.
- We are a happy workplace, and we work hard to maintain this. We encourage staff to maintain a happy and approachable demeanor ALWAYS. People patronize people and businesses they like. If we are not likable, people will not want to use our services.
- If you are an active social media user, we encourage you to show pride in your workplace by talking about us on social media. This creates a good impression for the clinic. Note that all posts about us should have high quality pictures and graphic content. We can make this available to you or you can copy off the official social media pages of the clinic. We are on Facebook, twitter, Instagram.
- The field of dermatology and aesthetic medicine is one of the areas of medicine where people judge what you can do based on how you look. You must therefore be always properly dressed, well-groomed with covered/smart shoes. You will be provided with well sized scrubs to wear within the clinic. *NOTE THAT THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT*
- You will provide content from your day to day activities, for use on social medial platforms, (Ensure clients consent is gotten).
To provide general med spa care within the clinic.
As a Patient Caregiver:
- You are to build and maintain positive, harmonious working relationships with all patients of the clinic.
- You are to respect every patient’s dignity and confidentiality. You must never come across as being judgmental or dismiss a patient’s concerns. Listen attentively to the needs of each patient.
- You must maintain the highest standard of clinic cleanliness. There is a janitor to help with cleaning instruments and formites, she might need some direction from you. You should ensure all the spa rooms, equipment and instruments are decontaminated, kept clean and organized at all times. You should not only sterilize instruments but manage contaminated waste as well.
- Basic activities like setting up the spa room will be expected without prompting.
As an Organizer:
- You should Coordinate organizational aspects of patient care such as:
- Patient registration is mainly done by the front office/ customer service officer. You will however give each client a basic med spa consultation form and guide them while they fill it. You will be put through the use of our medical information management software (myaesthetics pro).
- Coordinating and undertaking client health assessments when needed.
- Maintaining spa room equipment and resources, ensuring consumables are restocked before they run out. Inventory management will be expected.
As a Quality Controller:
Managing quality and risk activities such as:
- Infection control.
- The safe disposal of all disposable materials.
- Contributing to practice accreditation.
- Participating in/leading a team approach to managing adverse events.
- Providing education in various ways, including:
- Other members of the SKIN101 clinic team (non-medical).
- Students that come into the clinic spa and beauty education
To provide Aesthetic and Medical Care within the Clinic
Medical grade treatments and massages form a bulk of the med spa services. You will be expected with your experience to confidently handle all clients without supervision:
Application Closing Date
- You are expected to asses all clients and advise them on what med spa service will be appropriate for them and redirect them to see the Doctor if they have active medical concerns.
- You will provide informed consent or med spa assessment forms as needed to the patients and spa clients and ensure they sign it. You will also take standard pictures with standard conditions and lightening. This is extremely important as it serves as an objective way of comparing spa client results.
- You will take note of all spa clients coming into the clinic at the beginning of every workday and ensure they have adequate pre-session and post session orders given. You should also prepare clients before any session i.e. adequate exposure, clothing.
- You should provide the client with detailed, accurate and appropriate information in relation to the client’s expectations before each spa session. You can only do this if you are knowledgeable yourself. We encourage you to read and study widely to keep abreast with current spa practices. Our clients are very discerning, knowledgeable and ask a lot of questions. You should be armed with answers. You should never be blank about a subject.
- You should be able to resolve client queries and complaints with professionalism and enthusiasm. You should never get angry at a patient. Instead escalate the situation to the clinic manager or doctor if it is beyond you.
- Education continues. You will be expected to attend educational workshops for enhancing professional and technical knowledge.
- You can be called upon to carry out other responsibilities within your ability that are not stated in this list.
22nd February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send along with their CV a Cover Letter and a clear Passport Photograph to: [email protected]