Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Experienced Hire (IT GRC)
Requisition code: NG161408
Business Unit: Risk Advisory
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Expected On the Job Skills
- The ideal candidate will be at a senior position, responsible for leading and in-charging clients’ projects/engagements, providing leadership to the team and also providing support to project team members.
- Professionals seeking the role should demonstrate strong skills in one more areas of cyber security including the security assessments and leading practices implementation.
- It is desirable that the candidate must have an overall understanding of cyber security.
- Carry out research on complex issues thoroughly and completely to provide innovative ways to approach and resolve an issue. Demonstrates independent work and follow through on research steps through results and findings stage.
- Identify, rank and prioritize risks and exposures and develop a strategy for mitigation or remediation. Organize and coordinate solutions proposed by team and sells proposed remediation activities to client
- Review engagement documentation for compliance with Deloitte's standards and ensures deficiencies are corrected.
- Mentor, coach and guide fellow colleagues and team members to deliver successful results and achieve client delight
- Conduct and pro-actively support Business Development activities, maintain a portfolio and achieve set yearly targets
- Maintain highest levels of composure, maturity and integrity in client communications and develop good business relationships in the marketplace
- Bring innovative ideas to the table, champion overall growth of the practice and demonstrate high standards of ownership
- Develop RFP responses, client presentations and conduct training sessions for clients and team members
- Handle tough situations and communications, show willingness to be flexible and industrious
- Apply knowledge of technology and cyber operations /processes (e.g. systems and network administration, enterprise security solutions, information security processes, information security strategy, governance and risk management)
How You Will Grow
- Demonstrate subject matter specialty in system security and vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Actively exploit identified system vulnerabilities along with appropriate documentation
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities in common operating systems, network devices and web applications, including knowledge of remediation procedures.
- Demonstrate subject matter specialty in regulatory, technical and industry standards, frameworks and practices (e.g. ISO 27001, PCI DSS, ISO 20000, ISO 22301, NIST, OSSTM etc.)
- Overall understanding and experience in conducting Technology /Cyber risk assessments and proffering solutions to remediate risks
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of Governance structures for technology and cyber risk and interdependence between various organizational entities with technology and cyber functions.
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
- Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work- always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
Qualifications and Specifications Required
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc., B.A., Engineering etc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of second class upper/upper credit
- Have a minimum of credit in six WASSCE/GCE/NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- Must have at least one of the following certificates: CISSP, CISM, GCIH, GSEC, CEH, CCNA (Security), CCNP (Security) or any demonstrable Cyber Security certifications
- Master’s degree in an information technology/information security related field from a reputable university will also be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years' relevant experience in any of the following areas will be an added advantage: vulnerability assessment and penetration testing, implementation of security standards, security operations, network monitoring and incident response.
- Proficient with programming languages such as C, C++, C#, JAVA, PHP, SQL, Python is an added advantage
- Knowledge of various operating systems including but not limited to Windows, Linux/Unix
- Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership - Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others.
Application Closing Date
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Friday, 22nd February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online