Abt Associates - The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance - as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Call for Health Expert
Abt Associates is seeking long-term International Health experts for a health systems strengthening programme in Nigeria, funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). We are looking for a range of expertise with proven experience in the following technical areas in Nigeria at the institutional level:
- Health systems strengthening - Ref. number 01
- Health financing - Ref. number 02
- Public financial management - Ref. number 03
- Health governance - Ref. number 04
- Institutional and individual capacity building - Ref. number 05
- Advocacy and accountability - Ref. number 06
- Health information systems and data – Ref. number 07
- Private sector health - Ref. number 08
- Family planning - Ref. number 09
- Gender, equity and social inclusion - Ref. number 10
- Monitoring, evaluation, research and learning - Ref. number 11
Abt Associates is looking for experts with proven experience delivering health impacts in complex and challenging operational environments. Candidates will need to convey this impact through their applications and have clear examples to illustrate this impact. The individuals should also be value driven, in alignment with Abt Associates: being committed to excellence, mission-driven, global in their outlook, collaborative and holding themselves accountable through the work they do. More information here: http://jtai.turborecruit.com.au/job/job_details.cfm?id=1036269&from=direct.
General Professional Experience
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Experience working within the Nigerian health sector, with demonstrable impact
- Experience liaising with and supporting the Federal Ministry of Health, state ministries of health and/or Local Government Authorities in Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Lagos and Yobe
- Experience working with the private sector, non-governmental organisations and/or civil society organisations to strengthen health outcomes in Nigeria
- Experience with donor-funded programmes, specifically DFID, is preferred
Application Closing Date
- Degree qualified in a related field, preferably Masters
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are required
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Sunday, 31st March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications MUST be made directly through our website otherwise they will not be reviewed.
- In your covering letter, please tell us about your technical and subject matter expertise so we can align capabilities to further our mission – to improve the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide.