Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited, est. 1969, is Nigeria's leading Children's book publisher. Its imprint, "Lantern books" is now a household name in Nigeria and West Africa. Literamed has in its stable over 400 titles of books for Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary and Literature texts for different age ranges, all widely accepted in Nigerian Schools.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Editor - Science
- Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, and supervise others who do this work.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Allocate print space for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
- Plan the contents of publications according to the publication's style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
- Confer with management and editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing news stories.
Application Closing Date
- B.Sc in Chemistry, Physics, Biology
- 3-4 years of experience as an Editor
- 35+ years of age
- Teaching experience
27th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Please use the Job Title as the subject of your email