VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria's informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
- The role will be responsible for performing all the operational activities related to the financial management function of the group and its entities, including processing payments, posting of transactions and statutory remittances, providing timely and accurate financial information, preparing management accounts and management related reports.
- Ensure proper internal audit and control system.
- Implement risk management system.
- Investigate fraud within the organization.
- Carry out Audit activities and prepare reports.
- Ensure effective revenue assurance by appropriate computation of interest and other charges including default and rollover.
- Daily postings of transactions to appropriate books and softwares and update of repayment tracker.
- Produce periodic financial reports, loan disbursed, expected VS actual, matured and maturing, currency purchase and sales report
- Effective filing of transaction documents and maintenance of records for effective audit trails.
- Ensure daily reconciliation of bank balances of all transactions daily.
- Ensure the Monthly remittance of PAYEE and pensions by no later than 5th of the following month
- Collate relevant information for the generation of periodic statutory returns, e.g, tax, for regulatory authorities
- Work with auditors and other parties where necessary.
- Preparation of payroll schedule
- Other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timeliness and accuracy of management accounts and reports
- Average time to process invoices on approved transactions
- Average time to approve payments
- Accuracy in cash-flow estimates
- Average budget variances - Actual vs. Plan
- Variances in expense accounts - Actual vs. Plan
- Performance in external audit examinations.
- First degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline (Accounting, Economics, Finance, etc).
- 4 - 5 year relevant experience in financial management/ accounting.
- Membership of ICAN/ ACCA required and must be working towards obtaining charter.
Application Closing Date
- Knowledge of the GAAP/IFRS
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Communication & Presentation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & the Internet
- Generic Skills
- Team work
- Detail orientation
- Time Management
- Team work
20th February, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
with the relevant position applied for as heading.