Contec Global Group - Established in 1984 and headquartered in London, the Contec Global Group has a worldwide presence, with operations in Asia, Africa and Europe. As a company established on the platform of e-Governance and smart technologies, Contec Global is amongst the most experienced independent technology and systems organizations operating in developing countries. Today, the Group is engaged, globally, in providing integrated, systems-based solutions in the fields of Secure Technologies, Infrastructure and Hospitality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Manager
- The role of the Systems Manager is to provide high quality, professional services involving Microsoft server operating systems, entail assisting in architecting solutions, performing on-site assessments, performing product installation, testing, troubleshooting and problem escalation, providing customer knowledge transfer, writing status reports and creating documentation for services performed.
- To target on quality of service as measured through Customer satisfaction, maintaining technical expertise in designated product areas, and attention to administrative tasks.
- Manage and monitor all installed Distributed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
Application Closing Date
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- MCSE, CCNA or higher (CISSP highly valued)
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft & Linux based environments.
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience in building Tier 1 to 2 Data centers and management
- A thorough understanding and delivery capability in the following areas of expertise is required:
- Microsoft server operating system installation, customization and administration
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/R2, 2012/R2 standard and datacenter
- Microsoft Windows server 2016 standard and datacenter a plus
- Microsoft Hyper-V architecture, deployment and support
- Microsoft Active Directory integration
- Automated deployment of Microsoft O/S images and automated patching
- Deployment on IBM rackmount servers.
- Microsoft System Center integration and deployment Advantage
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Minimum of 15 years experience.
28th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online