Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by its client, a reputable Engineering Company to recruit suitable candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of Business Development
Desired Skills and Experience
- Develop induction material for employees in each unit, execute all performance management activities for the unit, work closely with the contract manager in order to consistently align proposal management with excellent contract terms. Support the Managing Director and Executive Director in all required matters.
- Adhere to mission statement and to the company’s code of conduct.
- Solicit awareness for the company’s Quality Policy.
- Responsible for the whole West African region business development, while operating from Lagos Office.
- Excellently lead, coordinate and manage a team of existing specialist business development professionals to successfully win projects for the company.
- Proffer strategic marketing plan and implement through others.
- Monitor external and internal environment for the development of new market segments. Package the idea and propose to management.
- Assist to produce feasibility studies or business plans for new products or ideas for the unit.
- Improve company’s visibility in the region; identify projects at a very early stage and follow-up.
- Review the quality of all proposals presented by the team before final approval by the managing director.
- Collect information on the project and making suggestions for business development strategies.
- Conduct contract negotiations with clients.
- Gain and maintain successful relationship with all International oil companies.
- Gain and maintain successful relationship with all relevant companies in the power and renewable energy sectors as well as infrastructure companies.
- Develop brochure and other electronic advert materials to align with current internal capabilities.
- Develop relationship with clients that will guarantee feedback concerning our services.
- Follow up and follow through on submitted proposals and identify possible success constraints before it is late.
- Ensure that feedback which is not positive received from clients is reported as well as followed up until resolved.
- Regularly prepare market updates, prospect status and other business reports; participate in and represent company at exhibitions and conferences upon request of line manager
- Identify internal strengths and opportunities which will enhance our competitiveness in the industry and systematically working with all the stakeholders to ensure that the company is well aligned to utilize them.
- Identification of our internal weaknesses and external threats to succeeding in the acquisition of major projects.
- Develop technical competency of team members through training and development leading to deeper specialization of competency.
- Set up team that will be responsible for project proposal development and acquisitions.
- Perform all tasks/activities relevant to the company, assigned by the management as required.
- Be aware of and obey the Company Quality rules & perform the activities required by relevant procedures on these issues.
- Attend all the company-organized training courses when invited.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. A Master's Degree in Engineering or an MBA would be of considerable advantage.
- 10 to 15 years cognate experience with a minimum of 6 years experience in managerial position.
- Extensive knowledge and existing net-work in one or more of the following market segments: Oil & Gas, Power (fossil fired, hydro, solar, wind), Infrastructure.
- Excellent knowledge of Engineering, Project Management, Feasibility studies and Cost Engineering.
- Basic knowledge of contract management.
- Excellent Business Acumen.
- Strategic thinking and time management abilities
How to Apply
Interestes and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.