Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for - and respond to - crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist
: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: Emergency Response Manager
Type of Role: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract. This is an unaccompanied position.
Do You Have What it Takes?
- As the Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist you will ensure quality Child Protection programming across the states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- Working closely with the Emergency Response Manager and the project team, you will lead on effective delivery of Child protection commitment in the humanitarian response.
- In order to succeed in this challenging and exciting role you will require demonstrable experience in conducting child protection assessments in emergency contexts and technical expertise in implementing community-based child protection responses.
- Demonstrable ability to network and liaise with major child protection actors. As well as experience mainstreaming Child Protection in project design and implementation, and developing participatory monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action, Sphere and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct.
Circa $50,000.00 USD per annum plus benefits.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
- A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
- As an international child centred community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
- Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organisation is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
- We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.