Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer
: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Software Engineer Position
- As a Software Engineer at Andela, you will primarily work as an engineer for one of Andela’s global partners, predominantly located in the U.S. or Europe. You will commonly work on global teams comprised of Andela engineers and your partner’s in-house development teams.
- Andela Software Engineers are professional, collaborative, and skilled at completing full feature development, taking initiative, and always continuing to grow personally and professionally. They have both excellent technical skills and strong team skills, and can effectively operate in a geographically distributed team environment.
The specific responsibilities of a Software Engineer include:
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Define and deliver software that meets and exceeds the expectations of your team, managers, and partners;
- Develop readable, testable, and maintainable code to spec;
- Commitment to continued technical and professional growth;
- Interfacing with partners to understand their business, goals, and visions for products supported by your Andela Team;
- Lending your knowledge and positive approach to your Andela community of engineers.
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
What Opportunities Exist at Andela
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer, writing code for web applications, data initiatives, core services, or mobile products
- Are proficient in writing code in at least one primary language, and enjoy learning new languages, frameworks, and technologies:
- Python (Django or Flask)
- Native Mobile Technologies for iOS or Android
- Familiarity with SQL or NoSQL stores
- Exposure to CI/CD pipelines and tools
- Experience writing test cases
- May have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- Exposure to Agile methodologies
- Experience working remotely as an effective member of a team
- Enjoy collaborating, problem-solving, and being part of a team environment
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and limited supervision
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strongly motivated by our social mission of training 100,000 young Africans in the next 10 years.
Application Closing Date
- Work with global companies to accelerate your career;
- Ongoing learning, development, and mentoring opportunities;
- A large community of passionate Andela engineers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online