Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BSWA Commissioning and Start-up Lead
Ref Id: 103280BR
Skillpool: Project Engineering
- Provide operations and commissioning input and planning in the define phase to ensure commissioning works are front-end loaded in accordance with project HSE, technical standards, quality standards and procedures as defined in Contract and Project Specification documents.
- Provide Commissioning and start-up inputs during tendering, detail design, fabrication, testing, installation, pre-commissioning and lead the final commissioning and start-up offshore.
- Address commissioning and start-up related queries and clarification questions from vendors.
- Liaise closely with the Engineering and Contract Management Teams to manage the interfaces, ensure alignment and share lessons learned and best practices with respect to Commissioning and Start-up.
- Provide Commissioning and Start-up inputs toContractors’ documents including Plans, Manuals andMethod Statements.
- Develop CSU Execute phase readiness deliverables (WEFS, CSU schedule, CSU organisation and ramp-up plan, CSU cost, CSU Plan, etc) taking input from selected EPC proposals to ensure flawless delivery of the project.
- Work in collaboration with the Contractor Commissioning Team to ensure that the commissioning and start-up activities are planned and scheduled in line with the project standards and procedures. This includes establishing Flawless Start-up strategy and implementation of the program as per project specification requirements.
- Develop and execute the readiness for start-up activities including development of the required supporting documentation including Statement of Fitness.
- Develop and implement a structured plan based on Project to Asset (P2A) best practices to manage the acceptance & handover from Project to Asset.
- Work with Quality team to develop plans to ensure Flawless Project Delivery (FPD) for the overall project by all Contractors for all project execution stages from preparation through Contract Award to completion of the Work.
- Review intermediate and final KPI’s produced by the Contractors and ensure the nominated KPI’s are tracked and achieved. In the event that intermediate KPI’s are not achieved, define actions for recovery.
- Responsible for identifying resource requirements for commissioning and startup activities to the Project OR/CSU Manager, together with documentation and information requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that flawless project delivery progress measurement is set up across the project, with regular reporting of FPD status.
- Provide authentic and visible leadership in the areas of HSSE, diversity, coaching, interpersonal and technical skills development, and cost leadership.
The CSU Lead shall have minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent with at least 15years’ experience in upstream EP projects operations and maintenance with emphasis on offshore & subsea systems preferably in deep-water environment.
He/She shall meet the following requirements;
Application Closing Date
- Have significant experience leading CSU on major deepwater projects
- Have good knowledge of deepwater field development including design, fabrication, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning and should have played a lead role (preferably in Commissioning and Startup) in the delivery of at least one major deepwater project involving a Host system and subsea infrastructure.
- Have good understanding of project procedures and requirements, construction build and testing requirements, plant inspection and turnover experience, commissioning and start-up procedures.
- Good co-ordination and communications ability.
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.
- Team player, self-motivated, with coaching skills, persistence, and with ability to think outside- the-box.
- Visibly demonstrates personal and company HSE commitment.
- Demonstrates capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Values and is open to listening to stakeholder perspectives, including experience managing multiple stakeholders and host government agencies.
- Able to maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership
- Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to influence and develop relationships across disciplines and multiple cultures, be comfortable coaching and motivating others, and delivering through others.
- Previous experience in flawless project delivery and executing quality audits/health-checks would be an advantage.
- Able to guide Company and EPC Contractor personnel on flawless project delivery and related issues throughout all phases of a Project.
- Familiar with project development challenges in Nigeria or in other regions with similar challenges
22nd March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the roles advertised in the website. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant's applications.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.