The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is Nigeria’s National Oil Company with the mandate to manage the country’s vast hydrocarbon resources. As a global player in the International Oil and Gas Industry, our operations span the entire Oil and Gas Value Chain. Our business operations are managed through Strategic Business and Corporate Services Units (SBUs/CSUs) in diverse locations across Nigeria.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transmission Engineer
Reference No: EH/ICT/005
Cadre: Senior Officer / Supervisory
Key Job Responsibilities
- To supervise deployment of data, voice, and video networks infrastructure and solutions across the Corporation to support business needs.
- Design topology for network deployment/enhancement initiatives, ensuring compliance with enterprise architecture and develop detailed technical specifications and bill of materials for transmission infrastructure deployment projects.
- Perform transmission planning assignments utilizing power system analysis software and determine system power usage specifications, needs and requirements.
- Supervise the installation and configuration of networks/telecommunications systems, ensuring all transmission, power and quality requirements are achieved.
- First Class or Second Class Upper (First Degree) in relevant Information Technology disciplines
- Second Class Lower or HND Upper Credit (minimum) in relevant Information Technology disciplines, plus Master’s degree
- Certification/Membership of relevant professional body
- NYSC Completion/Exemption Certificate
- Applicants must not be more than 37 years of age as at 31st December, 2018.
- Applicants must have Minimum of 9 years relevant post qualification experience .
- Experience in the oil and gas industry will be an added advantage.
Key Functional Competencies:
Application Closing Date
- Network Management
- Network Deployment
- Infrastructure Administration and Support
26th March, 2019
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications must be completed online as paper applications are not acceptable.
- Applicants will be required to attach any relevant professional certification attained
- All applicants should please note that successful candidates may be required to work in any of our business locations across Nigeria.
- Please ensure that you apply for one job position only. Multiple applications will lead to nullification of all submissions.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NNPC will not be responsible for applications submitted on any website other than its official page at: https://careers.nnpcgroup.com/
- NNPC does not charge any fees for submission of job application
- Applicants personal data will be used for the purpose of this recruitment exercise only
- Where it is discovered, at any point in this recruitment exercise, that false information has been provided, defaulting applicants will be disqualified and possibly prosecuted.