The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) is Nigeria’s National Oil Company with the mandate to manage the country’s vast hydrocarbon resources. As a global player in the International Oil and Gas Industry, our operations span the entire Oil and Gas Value Chain. Our business operations are managed through Strategic Business and Corporate Services Units (SBUs/CSUs) in diverse locations across Nigeria.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Petrophysicist
Reference No: EH/GEO/007
Cadre: Senior Officer / Supervisory
Key Job Responsibilities
- To carry out formation evaluation for optimal Oil & Gas recovery from reservoirs
- Supervise coring, logging and petrophysical operations for fields, and evaluate Cased Hole Logs for Reservoir Surveillance and Hydrocarbon Tracking
- Perform multi-well/field analysis as part of integrated subsurface studies and deliver necessary input data for static and dynamic reservoir models
- Prepare routine and special core analysis programmes to reduce uncertainties in petrophysical analysis and perform single well petrophysical analysis of log data to assist in decision making (plug & abandon, selection of perforation intervals, casing running, etc.)
- First Class or Second Class Upper (First Degree) in relevant Geosciences disciplines
- Second Class Lower or HND Upper Credit (minimum) in relevant Geosciences disciplines, plus Master’s degree
- Certification/Membership of relevant professional body
- NYSC Completion/Exemption Certificate
- Applicants must not be more than 34 years of age as at 31st December, 2018.
- Applicants must have Minimum of 6 years relevant post qualification experience .
- Experience in the oil and gas industry will be an added advantage.
Key Functional Competencies:
Application Closing Date
- Wellsite Logging Techniques
- Petrophysical Data Acquisition & Management
- Reservoir Saturation Logs Evaluation
26th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications must be completed online as paper applications are not acceptable.
- Applicants will be required to attach any relevant professional certification attained
- All applicants should please note that successful candidates may be required to work in any of our business locations across Nigeria.
- Please ensure that you apply for one job position only. Multiple applications will lead to nullification of all submissions.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NNPC will not be responsible for applications submitted on any website other than its official page at: https://careers.nnpcgroup.com/
- NNPC does not charge any fees for submission of job application
- Applicants personal data will be used for the purpose of this recruitment exercise only
- Where it is discovered, at any point in this recruitment exercise, that false information has been provided, defaulting applicants will be disqualified and possibly prosecuted.