The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for:
Job Title: Registered Nurse (Female)
Department: AUN Clinic/New Foundation School
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment (Temporary)
Duration: Three (3) Months
Summary of Position
- The HC GIZ NFS Nurses at the AUN Health Center shall work with the team at the Health Center directly under the Head Nurse to provide clinical and medical support for the Chibok girls (NFS students).
- She should ensure the Health & Wellness of NFS students and work in the dormitory HC annex.
- She should be of service to the students during the day and when urgent instances occur.
- Nursing Certificate
- Valid License to practice/Nursing registration
- Two(2) to five (5) years of direct work experience
- Basic Nursing Ethic
- Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Flexible with time.
- Ability to learn
- Attention to detail.
- Capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
Description of Benefits
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to be available 24/7 and flexible
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Tactfulness and professionalism
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes, Cover Letters and References to: [email protected]
before the closing date above. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- This position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.