Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Operations Manager
: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Role
- The Role of the Senior Operations Manager is to plan, direct and coordinate the company’s operations functions in Nigeria.
- The individual will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness through the implementation of effective methods and strategies across all fronts in the Operations department and the business as a whole.
Lead all operational elements of Andela Lagos:
- Learn how Andela’s Lagos operations work and optimize and manage every aspect of our operations function
- Lead the core-operations, facilities and procurement
- Oversee the facilities and real estate team, including both office and residential properties to ensure safety and security across locations
- Develop and maintain highly detailed budgets and timely financial projections
- Complete quarterly (or more) financial and operational reviews and reports
- Responsible for the delivery of overall operational targets.
- Display excellent leadership, people management, communication and influencing skills at a senior level
Build strong processes and systems:
- Maintain and create highly-structured processes and systems with a data-driven approach
- Maintain and create “playbooks,” detailed manuals that document all relevant parts of the Andela operating model; continually update and improve manuals in preparation for supporting other teams
- Foster regular engagement with key client contacts in line with client expectations.
- Identify operational best practice through interaction with the wider team
- Ensure delivery of Client KPIs/Sales targets including day to day service levels, customer experience, quality measures and compliance measures
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to build systems and processes that successfully communicate all topline recurring indicators of success and that explain and troubleshoot any major outliers or obstacles to success
- Demonstrate achievement of results e.g. business improvements, cost savings, revenue generation
- Drive Business Continuity initiatives
Manage, coach and mentor a strong team:
- Manage all operations staff members including facilities, logistics, and other cross-functional teams
- Provide structured evaluations of employee performance at least twice a year
- Design a well-defined Communication and Engagement model to ensure all teams understand the performance of the business and the needs of their teams
- Develop the operational talent pool by optimising the skills of the existing team and ensuring a succession plan is in place
- Forge a partnership with our internal recruitment team to identify and attract the very best external talent for key roles within the team.
- Suggest and create job descriptions, screen candidates and make recommendations for any needed roles in addition to existing team
Ideal candidates for this role will have:
- At least 7-10 years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience
- Experience managing operations, including detailed budgeting and reporting, in a complex environment
- Experience rapidly growing /scaling a project
- Experience developing and managing a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Experience managing and coordinating teams to deliver on a tight schedule
- Work and living experience in emerging markets, particularly in Nigeria or elsewhere in Africa
- Record of strong academic performance from a leading undergraduate and, if attended, graduate institution
EPIC Values Alignment:
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
- The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
Benefits & Compensation
- If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Application Closing Date
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.