SIAO Partners - Our client, a foremost professional body in Nigeria is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
- This position supports the effective provision of legal advisory services with a view to minimizing legal exposure and ensuring compliance with laws and government regulations; through the review and interpretation of appropriate laws, judicial decisions and legal articles relevant for drafting contracts and managing liaison with regulatory agencies.
Education and Experience
- Provides legal advisory support services to all departments of the organisation ensuring compliance with extant laws and regulations;
- Drafts legal documents and agreements relating to the firm ‘s operations and ensures identified risks are mitigated;
- Acts as secretary to the investigating committee panels, issues notices, vets transcribed interviews and prepares minutes of meetings;
- Maintains and updates records of case documents to facilitate access during arbitration or litigation, liaises proactively with the external counsel in determining how such cases should be handled and arranging for appropriate representation in order to protect the interests of the Organisation;
- Represents the Company at certain external meetings and liaises with government ministries, departments and agencies (EFCC, Lands, CAC, Internal revenue, Police) on behalf of the organisation;
- Assists the Head of Department (Legal) in acting as Secretary to the Accountants’ disciplinary tribunal and preparing documents as well as liaising with assessor and prosecutors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law ( LLB)
- Master’s degree in Law with specialty in the relevant areas
- Minimum of 4 years relevant post professional qualification working experience
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Candidate must possess hands-on knowledge of commercial law, arbitration, drafting of legal documents, conducting research and providing legal opinion on diverse legal issue.
- Experience in responding to invitations/requests from government regulatory or security agencies.
- Must pay attention to detail.
Required Personal Attributes:
Application Closing Date
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Must display high level of confidence, integrity and demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse groups of people.
8th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online