SIAO Partners - Our client, a foremost professional body in Nigeria is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and motivated individuals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Technical & Education
Roles and Responsibilities
- Our ideal candidate would be responsible for providing overall intellectual leadership and guidance for the research programme towards ensuring that the firm emerges as the most authoritative source of information, intelligence analysis and dissemination of news in respect of economic and financial issues on national and international levels.
- Provide leadership for the development of a highly effective and efficient research and technical department;
- Ensures regular publication of high quality technical journals and memoirs;
- Networks with senior researchers and academics as well as with national, regional and International institutions, to ensure continued relevance of research activities and a high profile for the organisation;
- Establishes and actively maintains close links with national policy research institutes, both to promote research relevant to the accounting profession within their structures and to promote frontier research.
- Explores and actively peruses research funding opportunities with local and international agencies;
- Manages the Technical and Education Directorate, including functional
- management of the directorate, including financial management of activities, supervision and capacity building of staff in the directorate.
- Report to the Deputy Registrar, Technical Services
- Minimum of M.Sc. or equivalent in Accounting or Economics (Possession of a Ph.D. or equivalent is an advantage)
- Minimum of 10 years’ post professional qualification experience
- Must be a Chartered Accountant
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrate research management competencies
- Strong record of published research
- Experience in leading, managing and coordinating a broad range of research in line with strategic objectives
- Should be capable of inspiring his/her boss as well as subordinates.
- Should possess impeccable integrity and proven commitment to good governance
- Should be innovative and confident.
- Should be able to work effectively under pressure in other to deliver timelines and achieve strategic goals.
- Should be IT proficient
Required Personal Attributes:
Application Closing Date
- Candidate should possess interpersonal skills
- Candidate should possess negotiation and consultation skills.
8th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online