Civil Society for Malaria Control, Immunization and Nutrition (ACOMIN) is the national network of civil society organizations working on the prevention, treatment and mitigation of the impact of malaria, and the promotion of immunization and better nutrition in Nigeria. ACOMIN being a national network has its head office in Abuja with membership organizations and virtual offices in all 36 states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory. ACOMIN is a non-political, non-sectarian and non-profit organization working in collaboration with the government, partners and stakeholders both at national and state level.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications/IT Officer
Category: Program Staff
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- ACOMIN has recently been engaged on a Global Fund Malaria Project, and in preparation for implementation, we seek to recruit qualified candidates to fill the position of a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, under the current Global Fund Malaria Grant, to work on the CSO component of the grant to be implemented in 13 States as follows: Kwara, Jigawa, Katsina, Zamfara, Kano, Kaduna, Adamawa, Niger, Yobe, Gombe, Osun, Ogun, Delta.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences or other related discipline, a Postgraduate qualification in Public Health or other related discipline is an added advantage
- S/he must have a minimum of three years work experience in Public Health, particularly in Malaria programs or any other programs in other disease areas
- Five (5) years minimum experience is required for candidate without a Postgraduate Degree
- IT Literate
- Local knowledge and ability to communicate in local language in the state of choice is mandatory.
Essential Required Competencies:
- Leadership and Self-Management
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight schedules under minimal supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedule to meet required needs and deadlines
- Ability to approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Excellent time management
- Excellent knowledge management
- Ability to remain calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
- Ability to work proactively as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written.
Application Closing Date
- Certification and/or requisite training in related fields for position of choice
- Candidates with years of experience working with an NGO in related positions are at an advantage
- Only candidates residing in the state of their selected duty station will be considered.
22nd March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one page Application Letter, addressed to the "National Coordinator", clearly providing evidence of competencies required for the job, current or last remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address, which should be sent by e-mail to: [email protected]
The subject of your application should read the position you are applying for, the location, and your name as such: "Communications/IT Officer (Abuja) - Bola Ali Obi".
- All applications must be sent via e-mail to the address shown above.
- Candidates with applications for multiple positions and who do not abide by method of application will be disqualified.
- No surface mails or telephone calls will be entertained
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.