Stresert Services Limited - Our client, an established Manufacturing company with international affiliation is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant /Company Secretary
- The job holder will be the first point of contact to the Managing Director as well as relate with the legal partners of the company; be responsible for the efficient administration of the company, particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented.
- Pro-actively plan and manage the MD’s time and appointments to enable the MD focus on delivering strategic objectives and business goals
- Act as the central contact point for the MD, screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handling them where appropriate
- Ensure that decisions and work is appropriately delegated in the absence of the MD
- Review and attend to all forms of correspondence and communicate on behalf of the MD
- Ensure appropriate venue and equipment booking for events including refreshments where appropriate
- Manage the practical and administrative requirements for organizational events as required such as coordinating travel and accommodation requirements for local and international trips etc
- Maintain the company's statutory registers
- Update the records held by Companies House
- Advise the board of directors on their legal and corporate responsibilities and matters of corporate governance
- Act as a liaison with the Board Members/Directors where approvals and signatories are sought by the MD on behalf of the business
- Set up and maintain annual calendar of meetings and events across the business to ensure the MD is well prepared and has relevant documentation for meetings
- Coordinate Board Meetings dates and attendance; prepare and distribute agendas, pre-reading papers and rooms for meetings
- Accurately record minutes of various meetings and distribute to relevant parties in a timely manner
- Organize the company’s board meetings and annual general meeting
- Ensure company compliance with legal obligations
- Manage and store the company's records, e.g. reinvestment, property, insurance, accounting, taxation (VAT, PAYE, Corporation Tax)
- Liaison between the company’s stakeholders and the legal partners of the company.
- Bachelor of Law (L L.B)
- Nigerian Law School (B.L)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) certification
- Law background/secretarial experience are a must
Skills & Experience:
Application Closing Date
- At least 7 years proven experience providing executive support in the FMCG/manufacturing industry is highly desired
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including Board of Directors, Senior Management Team and external partners
- Strong organizational and analytical skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- The ideal candidate must be exceptionally eloquent with impeccable communication skills
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- This position will be privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion Highly professional and ethical values with ability to maintain confidentiality
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Outlook and Excel
29th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected]
using ‘B-02RMS‘ as subject of the application.
Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be invited for interviews.