The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Executive/Paralegal Assistant To The Company Secretary
Major Roles / Responsibilities
- Job holder is responsible for supporting the Company Secretary and contributing to the effectiveness of the Company through provision of high quality administrative functions.
Education, Experience & Technical Skills
- First line of contact for the office of the Company Secretary & Director Legal Services concerning any enquiries, relays complex/ sensitive information and instructions and responds as appropriate.
- Manages the Company Secretary’s diary, arranging and prioritising appointments.
- Responsible to rely accurately to inquiries and determine the correct course of action or redirect callers to appropriate person/area.
- Timely generates, manages and distributes general memos, correspondence, report and mails.
- Proper recording/ tracking of mails.
- Provides logistic support by researching and compiling information/ documentation for the preparation of reports, assembles and organises materials for meeting and coordinates in projects as directed by the Company Secretary.
- Collation of board pack/delivery and Printing of report/board packs.
- Accurate documentation, tracking and closure of assignments and tasks to Legal Services staff.
- Flag and follow up on outstanding / overdue assignments.
- Prepares weekly and monthly report.
- Request and follow up on delivery of office supplies and monitor usage.
- Ensures continuous availability of refreshment, phone credit, internet access.
- Prompt retirement of CWA.
- Develops effective recorder levels.
- Timely dispatch and management of memos / documents.
- Proper recording, distribution and tracking of mails.
- Preparation and dispatch of memo and letters.
- Delivery of mails to appropriate authorities.
- Proper filling and retrieval of documents/ acknowledgment.
- Initiate searches and file.
- Prompt reporting and follow up on maintenance of office equipment.
- Tracking and ensuring schedule maintenance of LSCS equipment.
- Collation of board pack/delivery.
- Printing of reports/ board packs.
- Procurement of refreshments for board, shareholder and management meetings.
- Effective cost management for refreshments procured.
- Follow up on prompt payment to External Counsel
- LLB and BL.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a highly pressurized environment.
- Demonstrates professionalism, diplomacy, and the ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Sound organizational skills and thorough attention to details.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses a high level of discretion and calmly handles a demanding workload with conflicting priorities.
- Possesses a high level of integrity.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of people.
- Exudes oral and written communication skills.
Other Required Competencies:
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Resilient and able to deliver under pressure.
- Takes full ownership and demonstrates focused determination to complete work on time.
- Ability to work as a team with minimal supervision.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
Application Closing Date
- Regularly meeting competing deadlines.
- Availability of office equipment / refreshment.
- Easy retrieval of documents by 3rd parties.
- Evidence of acknowledgement of dispatched mail.
- No overdue CWA.
- Office equipment are not use for private purpose.
- Equipment always in good working other.
- Board pack are intact error free printing /collation.
- Weekly and monthly reports.
- Improved turnaround of assignments.
- Refreshment adequacy for meetings.
21st March, 2019 at 5:00 pm GMT.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,