Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rooms Division Manager
Job Number 19000O5Q
Ikot Ekpene FP, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Position Type Management
Core Work Activities
- Assists in managing the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (e.g.,Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance, Housekeeping) and managing staff.
- Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
- Monitors compliance with standards and procedures. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Leading Room Operations Team:
- Verifies that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and developing game plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths.
- Verifies that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
- Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Managing Property Rooms Operations Function(s):
- Assists in managing the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (e.g., Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance, Housekeeping).
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
- Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
- Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
- Assists/teaches the team scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
- Performs hourly job functions as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience:
- Understands the brand's service culture.
- Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Responds timely to customer service department request.
- Verifies that all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
- Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with General Manager (GM) & Regional Director (RD).
- Verifies that a viable key control program is in place.
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Strives to maximize the financial performance of the department.
Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
- Receives hiring recommendations from team supervisors.
- Verifies that orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process, where applicable.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
Application Closing Date
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online