GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion business with an innovative spirit and entrepreneurial mindset, bringing together one of the broadest energy products and digital services portfolios in the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro and innovative technologies such as hybrid systems and concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy is working on new ways to power the world’s biggest economies and most remote communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Service Engineer (Hydro) - Western & Eastern Africa
Ref Id: 3205332
: Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda
Job Function: Services
Business Segment: Renewable Energy Hydro
- The Hydro Plant Support Engineer will lead the site service activities for hydropower plants in nominated SSA countries.
- He/she is the primary liaison / point of contact between GE Hydro/Service Leadership, GE Hydro/Engineering, project management, supply chain, the site team, sale team and customers.
- Scope includes ensuring the completeness of the deliverable solutions of GE Hydro services.
- Obtain information on hydro power plant assets & setup, mainly on E&M, for the designated areas such as hydro turbine & generator technologies, existing DCS, governing, excitation and other mechanical & electrical BoP systems including customer purchasing plans and Maintenance budget
- Actively visit customer’s plants (02 plants par month/per customer at least), participate in customer meetings and connect customer needs with our products’ available options and solutions
- Deliver timely / accurate responses to customer technical inquiries including quick quote proposal and execution (for transactional opportunities) leveraging GE Hydro COEs supports – Sales, Com Ops and COE engineers
- Provide hands on technical support to customers and field teams for general E&M services and specific upgrades
- Partner with GE Hydro/SSA sale team for technical discussion with customers
- Establish and maintain relationships with external and internal parties to ensure that customer requirements are ultimately understood and achieved
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams and coordinating with GE Hydro/Project Manager in executing contract at site
- Facilitate the configuration of control software and parameters based upon the site requirements / specific unit configurations (for control plant support)
- Liaise between customers and GE Hydro/Engineering regarding balance of plant equipment for configuring interfaces, safety protections and control (for control plant support).
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 10 years in Hydropower Electro-mechanical field services i.e. maintenance, installation and commissioning or manufacturing
- Minimum of 03 years in engineering
- Strong knowledge and relationship with local customers at Plant level
- Ability and willingness to travel more than 50% of the time
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
- Strong knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical components of Hydropower,
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to do Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to understand and resolve problems
- A plus for knowledge of VBA, SQL, OPC, ODBC, MODBUS, networking, ALSPA and MarkVIe controls software
- Strong knowledge of / experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, wiring schematics
- Power Generation, Renewable Energy and Hydro experience
- Comfortable providing technical presentations to peers, customers and leadership regarding the details of technical issues and project status
- Strong, self-directed, collaborative team player with interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- English/local language fluency (French for West and Central African countries and Portuguese for Southern Africa countries).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online