A Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) company into puff snacks with factory in Ota, Ogun State is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Utility Engineer (Mechanical)
- Service, maintain and repair production plant and equipment.
- Repair of plant and equipment to ensure minimum downtime to production.
- Fault finding and diagnose problems with production line plant.
- Work with expatriate Engineers to install new plants and ensure replacement of plant and equipment.
- Record maintenance activities carried out plant and equipment.
- Calibration of plant and equipment within ISO 9001 standards.
- Ensure all maintenance operations are carried out in accordance with safety and quality procedures, risk assessment and safe systems of work.
- Saddled with mechanical tasks of the factory when required.
- Maintain a safe and tidy working environment.
- 24 hour call out support when required.
- Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns
- Fix faults on site or arrange for replacement of equipment to be installed.
- Minimum of B.Sc/HND Mechanical Engineering.
- M.Sc and profession qualifications Will be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in food processing company.
- Should have general knowledge of factory mechanical machinery, plant and equipment.
- Extensive practical experience in Mechanical Engineering and in a similar role.
Application Closing Date
- Good practical and technical skills
- Good communication skills
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage a varied workload
- Awareness of health and safety legislation.
- Ability to weld and use workshop tools
- Should have maintenance experience on the following machines: de-germer, corn milling machines, extruder, granule packaging machines, gear box, etc.
- Ability to work with less or no supervision
30th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
with "UEM" as subject of the mail.