At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 22,000 employees spread across more than 58countries and 5 continents united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You'll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM terminals, the world is your workplace
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- To administer elements of the purchasing activity from material reacquisition to complete delivery to company store.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of all orders placed and transactions up to the receipt of goods.
- Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material or equipment
- Find reliable sources to supply goods and services
- Contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and delivery capabilities for goods and services required.
- Estimate values according to knowledge of market price, checking previous item prices and quotations and preparing comparison sheet for approval.
- Determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Place orders for purchases and ensure proper followup for timely delivery.
- Procure capital items / consumables in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services
- with users, vendors and others to determine source of problem and take corrective action.
- Co-ordinate for all Imports including getting all necessary documents for customs clearing liaising with clearing agent for customs clearing and handing over goods to stores section.
- Review requisitions to determine proper pricing and quality control
- Conduct / prepare periodic market survey / reports for price comparison
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree holder
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Good working knowledge of IFS software will be an added advantage
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Possess excellent organizational skills, very detail-oriented and great at handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good networking, interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- Working with partners, shareholders and other stakeholders.
- Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
24th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online