Youngstars Foundation is one of Africa’s unique, life-changing youth organization operating in Abuja, Nigeria. From a weekly youth club in a local barber shop in 1995, Youngstars Foundation is growing to emerge as one of the lead youth non-profit that is building young people and strengthening youth organizations involved in development programs in Africa.
Youngstars Foundation is now in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA), and is registered with CAC Nigeria as Youngstars Development Initiative (CAC/IT/NO 21517) and in Ghana as Youngstars Development Initiative (G.21, 431).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Intern
- Under the direction of the Director of Accounts, the Account Assistant shall assume responsibility for accounting in the foundation and ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirements of programs/projects.
- Assist in accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Work with the Director of Accounts to lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, fiscal year budgets including financial status of sub-projects account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Assist the Director of Accounts and other supervisory staff in monitoring sub-project budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities.
- Monitor periodic expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Function as support for processing cash advances, retirements, petty cash management and refunds made in favor of the foundation.
- Review the work of sub-grantees for accuracy and proper report content.
- Support in proposal development in collaboration with proposal team.
- Create, update, and maintain financial spreadsheets.
- Develop budgets, including staff time allocations.
- Work with team leads to resolve problems associated with monthly expenditures and life-of projects budgets.
- B.S/B.A/HND in Accounting, Banking, and Finance or its recognized equivalent
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in accounting related position.
- Familiarity with non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
- Highly creative, innovative and can generate ideas.
- Passionate about development and young people.
- Self motivated and meets deadlines.
- Enjoys team spirit and collaboration.
- Tolerant and respectful of other tribes, religion and nationality.
- Open to learning.
- Zero tolerance for norm and routine.
29th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters, CV and recent Passport Photograph to: [email protected]