Trithel International Consulting - Our client, a renowned world class Hotel in Abuja seeks to employ a resilient, hardworking and experienced Pastry chef capable of working under pressure as:
Job Title: Pastry Kitchen Supervisor
Roles and Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be responsible for creating an exciting variety of new and delicious pastries, confectionery and savoury foods while also exhibiting a lot of culinary presentation skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Prepare a wide variety of new and exciting desserts, savoury foods and confectionery (such as cakes, pies, samosa, spring rolls etc) that reinvigorates the menu and attracts customers.
- Decorate pastries and cakes using a variety of icing and topping techniques.
- Ensure exquisite presentation of pastry, confectionery etc.
- Ensure proper maintenance and cleaning of equipment and materials.
- Maintain high standard of presentation of food and buffets with the Executive Chef.
- Monitor stock for production and make orders within budget.
- Maintain an orderly cooking station.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety standards.
- Encourage the use of local produce in season for production.
- Oversee the running of the pastry shop.
- Assist with the training of kitchen pastry staff in pastry and confectionery making.
- Culinary Certification in baking pastry etc from a reputable hospitality institution
- Minimum of 3 years proven working experience as a pastry chef.
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredients limitations (Pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc).
Skills and Ability:
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to identify and resolve problems efficiently.
- Excellent baking techniques and nutrition.
- Excellent kitchen management skills.
- Team Player
- Innovative and creative
- Good oral and written communication
- Leadership skills.
Commissions will be paid for meeting targets.
Applications Closing Date
30th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (Pdf format) to: [email protected]
using "Pastry Kitchen Supervisor" as the subject of the mail.