Breakthrough RESEARCH/Nigeria (B-R/N) project is under the global Breakthrough RESEARCH (B-R) project which is a USAID-funded initiative to generate research and evaluation evidence to inform USAID/Nigeria’s investments in social behavior change (SBC) programming.
We are seeking professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate I & Project Director (Chief of Party)
: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
Assignment Length: 4 years, dependent on funding
- Provide overall vision, leadership, and management of the technical direction and implementation of the project and oversee the financial and administrative components to ensure project goals, objectives, and requirements are fulfilled.
- Oversee the development of partnerships with Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria and key stakeholders at national and state levels to ensure efficient project implementation and utilization of results.
- Cultivate open and collaborative management relationships with the project team at USAID/Nigeria and Washington, as well as with Breakthrough-Action/Nigeria and the HEARD Project.
- Be fiscally responsible to USAID and the Population Council for this initiative and oversee the project’s spending, development of budgets and financial reports, and timely implementation of project activities according to the budget timeline.
- Oversee and ensure timely completion of all project deliverables, development of regular technical and financial reports and other documents as required by the project and donor, deployment of project personnel, etc.
- Supervise Deputy Chief of Party and senior project technical staff to ensure project goals and objectives are achieved.
- Supervise Program Manager and Finance and Administrative Manager to ensure proper coordination of activities, expenses, and timely reports to the project and the donor.
- Serve as the primary reporting and point-of-contact representative of the project with USAID and with governmental and non-governmental counterparts on project-related technical and management issues.
- Travel within Nigeria to project sites as needed, to provide managerial and technical support to staff, counterparts, and government agencies, and to represent the project and the Population Council at meetings, events, and policy and program development fora.
- Population Council US-based Activity Manager, Breakthrough RESEARCH (B-R) Senior Management Team, and Tulane University Activity Manager
- Deputy Chief of Party, Program Manager, Finance and Administration Manager, and senior project technical staff
Application Closing Date
- Master's Degree or higher in Public Health, Social Sciences or equivalent field with specialized training in Social Behavior Change in a health topic area.
- Experienced senior manager with at least 10 years’ experience in designing and implementing large-scale research and evaluation activities pertaining to health behavior change/SBC, including supervision of technical staff.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain professional relationships and to work collaboratively with host government agencies, civil society and community-based organizations, and other donors.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to develop and communicate a common vision to diverse partners and a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in gender and social norms-related research required.
- Knowledge of and experience with management of USAID-funded agreements or contracts
- Strong organizational skills including task and time management
- Ability to represent the Population Council with high-level donors, government agencies, non-governmental organizations, civil sector society, and organizational counterparts, and to discuss the project’s activities, lessons learned, opportunities, and challenges in a compelling and articulate way.
Thursday, 4th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian national preferred.
- When applying through the web portal please attach your CV and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format (stating current salary and salary expectation).