Breakthrough RESEARCH/Nigeria (B-R/N) project is under the global Breakthrough RESEARCH (B-R) project which is a USAID-funded initiative to generate research and evaluation evidence to inform USAID/Nigeria’s investments in social behavior change (SBC) programming.
We are seeking professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
Assignment Length: 4 years, dependent on funding
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Manager
- Manage the Front Desk and provide receptionist services:
- Answer telephone and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Meet and greet visitors in a courteous manner.
- Open, date stamp, register and distribute all general correspondence.
- Send and receive mail.
- Respond to routine correspondence and requests for information.
- Perform general clerical duties to include photocopying, faxing, mailing and filling.
- Sign for and distribute Fed Ex/Airborne packages; receive goods from vendors and other service providers.
- Provide administrative support to the Finance and Administration Manager in managing requisitions and updating BIN cards.
- Supervise the contract janitor daily to ensure that the office environment is thoroughly cleaned and made conducive for staff to carry out their duties.
- Monitor and maintain office supply inventory and stock kitchen and cleaning materials.
- Provide logistics support for workshops, trainings and meetings.
- Operate office equipment and assist staff with photocopying and binding of documents as needed.
- Assume dispatch duties and perform errands that assist daily functions as needed.
- Manage petty cash.
- Other duties as assigned.
Application Closing Date
- Ordinary National Diploma.
- Good oral and written English.
- Minimum 2 years work experience.
- Previous administrative experience in an office setting required.
- Strong computer and internet skills including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel and other commonly used software. Access Database skills would be a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, record keeping, and attention to detail.
- Displays maturity, discretion, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities, and manage workload.
Thursday, 4th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian national preferred.
- When applying through the web portal please attach your CV and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format (stating current salary and salary expectation).