Breakthrough RESEARCH/Nigeria (B-R/N) project is under the global Breakthrough RESEARCH (B-R) project which is a USAID-funded initiative to generate research and evaluation evidence to inform USAID/Nigeria’s investments in social behavior change (SBC) programming.
We are seeking professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (Driver)
: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
- Operate and maintain vehicle with a focus on safety and passenger courtesy.
- Assist passengers courteously and help with their baggage where necessary.
- Read and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route services.
- Keep assigned vehicle clean inside and outside.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records as requested by management, including vehicle logs and vehicle documentation.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle, including general upkeep, and checking for example oil, water, break, clutch fluid, tire pressures. Ensure any faults are promptly and appropriately reported.
- Fuel vehicle.
- Coordinate the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service interruptions.
- Run ad hoc errands.
- Ensure that vehicles are parked in safe compounds, especially on overnight stays.
- Ensure that tool kits are in vehicles and that they are complete.
- Ensure policies regarding security and communications are followed.
- Available to travel within Nigeria for project-related activities and events.
Application Closing Date
- Level of Education - Completion of Secondary School
- Two years’ work experience in driving with NGO
- Specialist Training/Qualification - Certificate of driver mechanic trade test
- Valid Driver’s license
- Knowledge of Abuja road networks.
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level - Excellent
- Language Requirements - English - Good
- Ability to interact in cross-cultural setting with ease.
- Experience working with other USAID or donor partner organizations - Preferred.
Thursday, 4th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian national preferred.
- When applying through the web portal please attach your CV and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format (stating current salary and salary expectation).