Global Marori Mills Limited is an agro-allied company that is principally involved in agro processing, farming and rural development projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Strategic Financial Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Managing Director, this staff contributes to the overall success of the company by effectively managing all financial operations in the Company.
- This staff oversees and directs the implementation of accounting procedures and coordinates timely preparation of budget, maintenance of cost records and management information reports in the most acceptable standard.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the management and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures of the company.
- Assist in the development of an appropriate financial policy framework to guide and protect all financial operations and transactions.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the company are met. Preparation of statutory accounts, financial statements in accordance with accounting standards, guidelines and statues including the production of financial returns as required.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the internal and external auditors as necessary.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, accounting policy, practice and current developments and advices management on relevant implications.
- Prepares timely and accurate monthly financial statements (balance sheet, statement of cash flows, and one-page management report).
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions in the company.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output in pursuit of the business goals of the company.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Supervise all bank reconciliation and investment accounts.
- Oversees the preparation of the financial section in the annual report.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with approved budget, ensuring the business objectives of the company are met.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Assist the managing director with financial reporting as required at the board of directors’ meetings.
- Supervises staff payroll preparation and administration. Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure optimal deployment of financial resources to achieve business goals.
- Develop finance and accounting team goals that are fully aligned with the company’s business goals.
- Advise management on major financial issues as they arise.
- Manage and develop the staff within the finance department through staff supervision, appraisal, coaching and monitoring.
- Budget Preparation
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the managing director.
- Assist other departmental heads in preparation of budget for their various departments and units.
- Develops and recommends accounting and budgeting policies and procedures.
- Information Technology
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the company’s financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements.
- Advise on appropriate technology that meets the company’s information requirements and financial resources.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Business Administration/Economics
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations i.e. ICAN, ACCA required
- Three (3) or more financial experience and management experience, manage financials accounting systems, standard cost accounting, budgeting and treasury functions (Post ICAN/ACCA).
- Strong Leadership and supervisory skills
- Principles and practices of municipal accounting, budgeting, and auditing.
- Accounting and financial-related computer software and the applications to assigned functions
- Computer Skill - Microsoft word, Excel, Power and performance tools.
28th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
subject title when sending CV should be "Finance Manager"