Global Marori Mills Limited is an agro-allied company that is principally involved in agro processing, farming and rural development projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development and Marketing Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
- The business development and marketing manager is responsible for leading the growth of company’s sales, marketing of products and developing new business opportunities through both trade and consumer direct initiatives.
- A strong focus will be on developing and managing relationships with credible clients and industry partners and working with them on business growth opportunities beneficial to all parties.
Includes but not limited to:
- Deliver frameworks for the creation of business development plans for individual trade partners.
- Create and manage an annual business development plan.
- Pro-actively identify new and different business opportunities to provide increased sales.
- Design an effective system to ensure the team provides accurate reports on existing and new business opportunities.
- Undertake a commission review on an annual basis to ensure sales reflect commission levels.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with identified key target agents.
- Maintain up to date with all industry trends, issues and news.
- Attend industry trade and consumer events along with networking opportunities and other relevant meetings/seminars.
- Develop a suite of ‘special’ offers on an annual basis that can be communicated effectively to eliminate last minute requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key industry partners.
- Manage the relationships with industry partners including negotiating of contracts, managing of commission structures, evaluation of industry discounts and familiarisations, ROI on co-operative marketing opportunities including brochure inclusion.
- Undertake domestic travel to service industry partners and for other business development opportunities as required.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and ensure all expenses are managed.
- Provide market, industry and competitive analysis and stay informed of competitive products in the marketplace.
- Coordinate and oversee the business development/marketing department; supervising all business activities and ensuring set marketing targets are achieved.
- Ensure on time and accurate reporting is achieved and provided to the Managing Director in line with expectations.
- Develop a strong business development culture and create mechanisms to ensure seamless communication within the department.
- Lead a team of business development and sales executives to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Regularly evaluate systems and processes to ensure that maximum efficiency is achieved.
- Ensure that operational and management issues are satisfactorily communicated and resolved.
- Actively ensure that business plans are achieved, and communication is strong.
Application Closing Date
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field. An MBA will be an added advantage
- 3 or more years in marketing and business promotion
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Proposal/Technical report packaging
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting
- Public Speaking, Research, Writing
- Sales Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales team members
- Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning skills
- Computer Skill - Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint.
28th March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
subject of email should be the Job Title applied for.