An indigenous Specialist Energy Servicing company that provides integrated services in the oil and gas industry is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Electrical/Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: General Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- Manages projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems by conducting research programs and making recommendations on best solutions.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- equipment and system capabilities; confirming assembly, and installation processes.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures
- Provides technical advice assess project requirements, service and maintain equipment.
- Measures the performance of mechanical components, devices and engines
- Maintains and modify equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient.
- Read design specifications and technical drawings on every equipment purchased before installation.
- Research suitable solutions and estimate costs and timescales required per project/repairs Electrical
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, apply knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Install and observe operations to ensure compliance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards
- Use computer-assisted engineering software (AutoCAD) to perform engineering tasks as required.
- Provide quality assurance for ongoing projects
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research; applying knowledge of electricity and materials
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties as required.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering and mechanical information by answering questions and requests.
- A good University degree in any relevant discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar position
- French speaking is an added advantage
- Experience in rural Electrification and Solar Energy will be an added advantage
Application Closing Date
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- High level of integrity with strong work ethic with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Analytical Thinking
- Knowledgeable of Machining Process
- Equipment and System Calculation skills
- Product Validation Skill
- Sound Knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical Fundamental
4th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in MS word format to: [email protected]
Only applications forwarded electronically (i.e. bye-mail) with the job tittle clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.