Randstad is a global leader in the HR services industry. By combining our passion for people with the power of today’s intelligent machines, we support people and organizations to realize their true potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: International Volunteer - Gender & Social Inclusion
Reference number: JOB0117159
: Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory
Job category: Government & Policy
Job type: voluntary
- As a VSO volunteer you’ll live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. By sharing your unique skills and experience you’ll help generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities you work in lift themselves out of poverty.
- We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come.
- Join us as a VSO volunteer and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Competencies, Skills and Behaviour
- The aim of the placement is to help integrate social inclusion and gender (SIG) into VSO Nigeria at organisational as well as programme level. This includes helping establish a clear understanding of gender and social inclusion across programs in Nigeria.
- This also entails supporting efforts to see to it that office policies and processes are gender sensitive.
- At the programme level, the Social Inclusion and Gender Volunteer supports the partners in activities such as gender training, gender needs assessment, and other SIG related initiatives.
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge.
Application Closing Date
- Allowance: As a VSO volunteer you will work on an ad hoc basis, performing activities for VSO / your community during your free time. Expenses you incur while volunteering for VSO are reimbursed (be more specific if applicable).
- Accommodation: If you are not able to work from your own home, VSO will provide basic accommodation (including utilities).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
: VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.