The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Officer, Employee Data Management & Reporting
Institution: ECOWAS Commission
Department: Human Resources
Directorate: Human Resources
Division: Salary Policy & Pension Administration
Line Supervisor: Principal Officer Salary Policy & Pension Administration
Supervising: Senior HR Assistant Data Management, HR Assistants Leave, Attendance, Identification & Reporting, HR Assistants (Personal Files & Archiving)
Role And Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Principal Officer Salary Policy & Pension Administration , he/she needs to understand the data, and be able to provide insight and analysis through, written and verbal communication and ensuring real-time employee details is achieved as at required.
- Extract and analyze data from ECOLINK as required and design/generate requested reports for the organization;
- Perform systems audit to ensure no violation of employee data on ECOLINK and keep an accurate log of ECOLINK downtime;
- Design, develop and modify reports to suit organizational needs;
- Support HR systems and technology-related initiatives and generate requested reports and data for the organization;
- Advise the HR Directorate on special and on-going projects on the ECOLINK by providing systems, administrative and research support;
- Guide quality assurance of employee data on ECOLINK;
- Develop records management processes and policies;
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes;
- Set up and maintain automated data processes;
- Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
- Produce and track key performance indicators
- Develop and support reporting processes
- Monitor and perform audit data quality checks and liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content
- Design and carry out surveys and analyze survey data
- Manipulate, analyze and interpret complex data sets relating to the employer’s business
- Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations
- Provide sector and competitor benchmarking
- Mine and analyze large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool.
Academic Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor degree in IT, Statistics or its equivalent is required from a recognized university;
- 5 Years’ experience in HR position in an international organization
- In-depth knowledge of HR Management best practices;
- Demonstrate cognitive knowledge of data base creation and management, and use of specialized computer systems and programs for operationalizing a variety of HR business processes and reports.
Ecowas Key Competencies:
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- Ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes and policies;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- Ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
- Demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- Ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means, ;
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify ,organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
(UA 49,106.81/USD 77,480.72) / (UA 56,591.37/USD 89,289.87)
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected]
Click here for more information