A reputable Oil and Gas company in Nigeria and with subsidiaries in Real Estate & Property Development, Power Generation, Renewable Energy & Agriculture companies require the services of the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Roles & Responsibilities
Education, Experience, Professional Qualification & Attribute
- Attendance of court proceedings and liaison with law enforcement agencies.
- Prepare all relevant documents needed for filing statutory reports.
- Assist in obtaining and renewing statutory permits from NPA, SON, MAN, NIMASA, NEPC, COREN, etc.
- Preparation and perfection of property title documents – leases, Deed of Assignment and contract of sale.
- Maintain all legal documentation within the department ensuring proper filing and completeness.
- Follow up with relevant departments on outstanding legal documents/responses.
- Visit to competent Authorities for documentations, follow up and keeping the record of the same.
- Handling of court cases:
- Preparations of case drafts.
- Coordination and Briefing / discussion with the lawyers for legal cases and to negotiate the fees structure.
- Coordinate and make arrangements required for Arbitration proceedings and provide the required documents to appointed Advocate for proceeding of Arbitration.
- Follow up with Advocates for updating of legal cases.
- Follow up with concerned officer to attend the court.
- Attend the meetings /conferences as and when required /directed by superiors.
Salary and Remuneration
- Minimum of university degree/HND in respective areas of study.
- Cognate experience in Oil & Gas, Real Estate and Property Development, Power Generation, Renewable Energy & Agriculture industry as applicable to job title.
- Relevant professional qualifications suitable for this position.
- Candidates should be willing to work in any part of Nigeria and Africa.
- Honesty, commitment, hardworking and self-motivation.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Salary and remuneration packages are very attractive and negotiable.
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with the specific position applied for as subject of the mail to: [email protected]