African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Unified Communication Assistant - CHIS3
Position N°: 50066829
The Hiring Department/Division
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, information technology, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department’s mission at the Bank is to align the Information Technology (IT) delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems.
- Under the leadership of the African Development Bank’s Information Systems Director, the Information Technology Systems Department is mandated by the Bank to deliver best possible Information Technology (IT) services for Bank Staff, and help achieve the results that gets the Bank closer to accomplishing its poverty reduction goals in Africa.
As part of the CHIS.3, the Unified Communication Assistant will:
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide better telephony and video conferencing solutions
- Ensure telephony servers (Voice Gateways, Skype for business, SBC ) and equipment (GSM Gateway, Sim Server, Media Gateway) availability.
- Ensure endpoints (Polycom Group Series, Trio, VVX,) availability.
- Ensure the Voice and Video network and communications environment is operational and secure in accordance with the organisation’s service level requirements and IT’s security guidelines.
- Develop documents related to operations, working procedures, testing configurations, and project planning and deployments (log files, RTA, QoS, Participants Feedback, latency, bandwidth).
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Division Manager CHIS.3, the Unified Communication Assistant will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Install, maintain and support unified communication infrastructure in HQ and Country Offices especially Skype for Business et Polycom Real Presence.
- Design unified communication infrastructure that will fit the need of users and optimize application traffic flow.
- Implement operational best practices for the deployment, maintenance and management of infrastructure and unified communications services (monitoring, maintenance, etc.).
- Implement Virtual Meeting Room (VMR) and conference on Skype for Business and Polycom. Provide onsite and online support for users in HQ and Country Offices for videoconference and telepresence.
- Connect and support videoconference and telepresence support for senior management.
- Install equipment and maintain audio and video conference rooms.
- Manage, supervise and control the telephony servers Skype for Business and Polycom endpoints at HQ and Country Offices.
- Provide usage statistics, endpoints repair statistic, list of equipment and spares.
- Escalate all unified communication complex issues and problems to level 3 support or external providers.
- Communicate with staff about unified communication infrastructure and service request incidents, and notify them of impending changes or unavailability of services.
- Ensure that all work performed is documented in accordance with the required standards, methods and procedures, and that all configuration management procedures are followed.
- Record all incident resolutions appropriately in the knowledge base known.
- Monitor performance trends in IT infrastructure and inform system engineers of any improvement or resolution of known and unknown errors for further problem analysis.
- Participate with users in acceptance tests and support for published IT infrastructure (new or updated)
- Provide coaching, advice to users on the best way to use IT infrastructure, and recommend new training plan for users.
- Provide technical training and knowledge sharing with Service Desk and unified communications support staff.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
Application Closing Date
- Hold at least a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or similar Engineering field.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience Unified Communications project implementation and operations.
- Working experience on install, configuration and administration of VoIP servers.
- Working experience on managing videoconference infrastructure
- Excellent knowledge and experience of a range of unified communication technologies with particular emphasis on Skype for Business and Polycom Real Presence.
- Working knowledge of VoIP platforms.
- Working knowledge of Voice and Video standards: SIP, H323, H264, SBC, ISDN/ PSTN lines configuration and GSM-GW.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows server operating systems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels.
- Courteous and patient character with customers.
- Client centric.
- Team work.
- Effective communication (written and oral) in French or English, preferably with a good working knowledge of the other language
- Competences in the use of standard software (word, excel, outlook, Power Point, MS Projects, etc...)
28th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
This position does not attract international terms and conditions (the post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment