African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Business Data Analyst - RDGS4
Position N°: 50067877
The Hiring Department
- The Bank has Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
- The Southern Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hub (RDGS) is responsible for the following thirteen countries in the Region: Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Sao Tome and Principe, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- The key purpose of the Hubs is to drive and ensure the operational efficiency, effectiveness and overall health of the Bank’s portfolio across their regions to achieve significant developmental impacts. The Hubs oversee the full implementation and integration of all aspects of the Bank’s work in their respective regions.
- The position of Senior Business Data Analyst sits in the Front Office of the RDGS Director General.
Duties and responsibilities
- The objective of the job is to support RDGS in managing data related to the Bank’s operations (pipeline, lending programme, approved, ongoing, completed) in the region. Its purpose is to ensure quality, accuracy and completeness of data and generate analytical reports that will support decision making by all concerned RDGS internal stakeholders. The job serves the Front Office of RDGS as well the divisions in RDGS including RDCS.
Under the overall supervision of the Director General, the Senior Business Data Analyst will work closely with RDGS Management, Regional Programme Officers, Country Programme Officers, and Task Managers.
- Collect, process, provide, and maintain accurate data on the Bank's operations (new, ongoing, and completed) and prepare analytical reports and PowerPoint presentations to be used by Management, Regional Programme Officers, Country Programme Officers and Task Managers in the Region. Specific attention will be put on the following aspects:
- Potential business as identified from various sources
- Projects in the pipeline
- Processing of Lending Programme
- Status and supervision of on-going projects
- Summary rankings of projects
- Project quarterly reports
- Project audit reports
- Project completion reports
- Status of achievement of RDGS KPIs
- Budget implementation
- Prepare bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports on the management and performance of the Region’s portfolio, inclusive but not limited to loan/grant signature and effectiveness, disbursement trends, loan cancellations, supervision rating, status of project audits and project completion report.
- Report on the accuracy and completeness of corporate systems data (e.g. SAP, BPPS, etc.) regarding the Region’s lending programme and portfolio.
- Contribute to the preparation and monitoring of the region’s Annual Work Programme and its regular updates using established schedules or as may be directed.
- Carry out collection and analysis of supervision data, disbursement ledgers, flashlight report, and procurement data with particular focus on the performance of ongoing projects, giving special attention to projects at risk.
- Develop, maintain, and update office-based data and report platforms that interface with existing corporate systems e.g. SAP, BPPS, BRAG, Baobab, etc. to seamless update of data on pipeline, lending programme processing, supervision reports, audit reports, cancellable loans and grants, due project completion reports, etc.contain a comprehensive set of user-friendly data collection and management methods that facilitates updating a) country portfolio assessment summaries; b) CSP pillars by country; and c) ESW summaries by country.
- Assist with the preparation of country portfolio performance reviews (CPPR) and country portfolio improvement plans (CPIP) implementation follow-up.
- Assist in the proper formatting, desktop publication and multimedia presentation of documents for Board presentation (including the preparation of charts, graphs, etc.) or any other documents as may be deemed necessary.
- Assist with compilation and prioritization of information required to facilitate substantiated decisions or to serve as input to various documents.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
Application Closing Date
- At least a Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Management, or related discipline
- Structured Query Language (SQL) Certification
- A minimum of five years (5) of relevant professional experience in compiling management information, data analysis and formulation of data models
- Demonstrated experience in Data Management in development or similar organizations
- Relevant experience with African Development Bank operations or sister multilateral development finance institutions
- Solid experience in creativity data visualization
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary and professional environment.
- Project Management
- Comprehensive understanding of project structures, including project planning, communication management, procedures and critical success factors
- Acute knowledge and understanding of the elements essential for the effective delivery and measurement of development impacts, using data management and processing skills
- Ability to identify and create meaningful linkages across sectors to drive data management at country and regional levels
- Knowledge of the Bank’s (or other similar organization’s) systems and capabilities and ability to analyze business operations for further understanding of possible strengths and weaknesses which help to facilitate informed decision-making
- High level of expertise in data management and visualization
- Deep knowledge of project cycle management
- Ability to make effective, timely and well-determined interventions for results delivery
- Ability to work under pressure in a multicultural and distributed organization
- Aand visiualization eativité data visualization bility to display quantitative information through charts, graphs, tables, and bespoke visualizations
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language
- Proficiency in MS Office platforms, specially Excel and PowerPoint (up to mastery level)and knowledge of SAP. Technical knowhow of Design software: Adobe Creative Cloud/Canva
28th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.