Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Senior PHP Developer - Jumia
Job Type: Full Time
- As a Senior PHP Developer, you will be part of an agile team that develops smart logistics solutions on a service-oriented architecture using state-of-the-art technologies.
In particular, you will:
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Backend developers, DevOps, QA engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Work across the entire product life cycle: concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, support
- Write module, well-organized code.
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in web development with Object Oriented Programming
- Excellent knowledge of PHP5 or other OOP language
- Proficient with MySQL or another leading RDBMS
- Experienced in web server-side and client-side technologies
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks (Zend Framework, Yii, Symfony2 or similar)
- Clear understanding of the Internet Protocol Suite
- Experienced in Version Control technologies (GIT, SVN)
- Aware of Performance and Security topics on web development
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
Application Closing Date
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
23rd May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online