The ECOWAS Commission invites all interested eligible and qualified individual consultants to submit their candidacy to provide the services described below as:
Job Title: Consultant for the Review of the ECOWAS Force Generation and Logistics Concepts
Reference No. ICS/ECW-EU-AU/PROC-PAPS/02
: West Africa
Institution: ECOWAS Commission
Slot: 2 Openings
Project Summary/Job Description
- The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has received a fund from the European Union (EU) through the African Union and intends to apply a portion of the budgeted funds to Selection of two (2) consultants for the Review of the ECOWAS Force Generation and Logistics Concepts.
- The main objective is to review, update, finalize, adopt and validate the ECOWAS Force Generation and Logistics Concepts in line with the multidimensionality of ESF (military, police and civilian).
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include the followings as shown below and the duration of the contract shall be for a maximum period of forty (40) effective working days. Duties and responsibilities of the consultants:
- Undertake consultations and desk review of existing statues, policy and other strategic instruments relating to the objectives and purpose of the ESF/ASF tool for conflict prevention and management;
- Focus on the assessment and responsiveness of existing policies and statutes in terms of the size or strength of the force (force mix, component mix etc.,) in line with the best practice with those of the ASF, NATO and UN;
- Review and modify the ECOWAS Force Generation and Logistics policies related to current and anticipated mission requirements for the ESF at acceptable risks and in a manner consistent with available resources and anticipated future resources.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in any of the following fields: Defense and Security, Social Sciences, Law, Human Rights, Public Administration, Human Resource Management, Logistics and or a related field.
- Shall justify of at least seven (7) extensive years of experience in Human Resource issues, Administration, or Policy and Planning in the context of Peace Support Operations and knowledge of International Civilian capacities;
- Must justify of having executed at list one similar assignment with matters pertaining to Force Generation, Peace Support Operations, Logistics Management, Human Resource Planning, Management and Administration.
Application Closing Date
- The working language will be English. The individual consultants should therefore be fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking) and the knowledge of any other of the ECOWAS Official language (French or Portuguese) would be an advantage.
11.00 am (GMT +1) 30th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified consultants should submit their Expressions of Interest (1 original and 3 copies), must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of two (2) consultants for the Review of the ECOWAS Force Generation and Logistics Concepts”, Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee” to the address below:
The Directorate of General Administration,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401, Abuja,
- The attention of interested individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
- Electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
- The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The shortlisted candidate will be interviewed for the position.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1. Email: [email protected] , with copy to: [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]