Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Retiree Benefit (SIPML)
Job ID: 38774
: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
- The Team Lead supervises and follow-up with team members in ensuring effective and efficient processing of all benefits transactions to eligible clients, analysis of payments and rendition of periodic reports on benefits transaction activities.
- The Team Lead ensures strict adherence to policies and regulations whilst carrying out reviews and checks for accuracy and timeliness of benefits payments and other assigned deliverables.
Ensuring accurate and timely benefits payments to clients:
- Ensuring timely and accurate processing of benefits payments as approved by the regulatory body or as instructed by relevant Fund Sponsors in line with Fund’s operational documents.
- Oversight for the effective execution of documented follow-up procedures for eligible clients with accrued rights who are yet to apply for their benefits
- Effective monitoring to ensure benefits transaction requests are duly tracked for resolution and no instruction is omitted or delayed
Ensuring continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards:
- Ensuring personal development to improve capabilities and up-to-date knowledge of operational guidelines, policies and regulations
- Coaching of team members to ensure improved capabilities and up-to-date knowledge of operational guidelines, policies and regulations
Manage and drive expected business conduct and culture in teams:
Internal & External Relationships
- Ensuring the company’s core values are adhered at all times
- Delivers on all business strategies
- Achievement of satisfactory audit reviews on assigned Funds under management (internal and external audits)
- Achievement of assigned sales target
Business area: Stanbic IBTC Pensions Other Units within the business area:
- Description or examples: Maintain close contact with all internal stakeholders within Stanbic IBTC Pensions to ensure achievement of overall business objectives
Role type of external contact: Regulator Manage the relationship:
- Description or examples: Attending to regulatory requests, attending benefits related trainings organised by regulator and corresponding on benefits related transactions.
Role type of external contact: Customers Provide customer service:
- Description or examples: Gets customers for the business and processes all clients benefits payment
Role type of external contact: External Auditors Manage the relationship:
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Description or examples: Work with external auditors auditing the various Funds under management to provide required documentation and supports (benefits related) needed to form their audit opinion
- First Degree Field of Study - B.Sc. (Any discipline)
- Professional certification is an added advantage
- Wealth Management Benefits Administration
- 5-7 Years Experience in a financial service environment with at least 3years in back-office operations and with some form of supervisory responsibility.
- General knowledge of the pension industry is also vital.
Processing/ Payment processing:
- The ability to drive the execution of various benefits management processes within required timeline and accuracy.
Client Engagement/Industry knowledge:
- Expertise on the specific industry (pension industry) that is covered by the role.
- The ability to translate the organisation's vision and long term goals into medium and short term deliverables.
Application Closing Date
- The ability to process complex transactions or client requests where standard operating procedures do not cover the type of activity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online