SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Site Lifting Specialist - M/F
Reference number: 2019-11609
Contract: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract Duration: 1 year Renewable
- Continually liaise with the CPLO to ensure that lifting and handling standards within TUCN are consistently respected in EGINA sites.
- Ensures that all applicable Company Rules (e.g. CR EP HSE 043) and TUCN Lifting Procedures (Lifting Management System) regarding handling & lifting operations are well understood and applied by all personnel involved in lifting operations.
- Advices EGINA RSES on issues pertaining to lifting and handling operations,
- Constantly liaise with Contract Site Rep in order to ensure that their lifting equipment and operations are in congruence with TUCN lifting and handling procedure
- Carry out periodic lifting audits in all supply vessels under contract with TUCN
- Carryout a yearly assessments of all dedicated lifting equipment's in EGINA and justify their capacity utilization
- Develop a rigging loft procedure and ensure that the rigging loft is properly and adequately controlled
- Work in conjunction with the contractors lifting team on site to ensure that lifting equipment and lifting standards are respected in the day to day operations.
- Review Lifting Operations Plans for all critical lifting or handling operations on Site
- Participate in JSA of critical lifts and attends all critical lifting operations
- Provides expertise in day to day handling and lifting activities on site, which include: categorizing lifts, hazard identifications and risk assessment, technical review (lifting procedures and organizations),
- Assists the CPLO during assessment of personnel competence to carry out lifting of handling operations.
- Ensure that tool box talk is performed by all personnel at the beginning of each lifting operations.
- Performs technical inspection and evaluation of cranes and selects lifting equipment proposed for use on sites
- Prepare generic lift plans and carry out its periodic reviews.
- Develops a Site lifting and handling procedures / instructions and ensure its periodic review.
- Coach and mentor personnel involved in lifting and handling operations (crane operators & riggers, etc.) on site.
- Logistics focal point for lifting and handling operations in EGINA.
- Brings expertise in the daily lifting/handling operations and can replace the CPLO for critical lifts classified at risk level 3.
- Responsible for the application of appropriate procedures and methodologies to ensure that major hazards associated with lifting operations in various sites are properly assessed and managed in line with Lifting Management System (LMS)
- Technical Engineering Degree
Application Closing Date
- Minimum level of experience required: 3 years or more
- Languages: English (D-Full professional proficiency).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online