Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- The accounts officer will be responsible for the processing of invoices and contract payments, generating reports and other accounting functions as needed to ensure accurate, timely payment sand financial reporting.
- Review invoices, make copies of invoices and send to appropriate departments for approval.
- Review all cheque requests and date-stamp.
- Match invoices and determine account coding.
- Input all vendor invoices in system.
- Review aging and determine invoices to be paid.
- Select invoices for payment.
- Print reports.
- Generate cheque in accordance with issuing guidelines.
- Prepare cheque voucher and submit for approvals.
- Reconcile manual cheque daily
- Address employee and vendor inquiries regarding payments.
- Reconcile vendor accounts
Education and Skills:
Application Closing Date
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting
- Professional qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years' working experience
- Must be organized and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply reconciliation techniques using standard accounting methods and principles.
- Ability to perform accurate data entry.
- Ability to prepare worksheets and reports on spreadsheets.
- Considerable knowledge of computer software applications including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of modern office practice and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic accounting terminology and concepts
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online