Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Action Against Hunger has been operating in Nigeria since 2010 in Jigawa, 2014 in Yobe and 2015 in Borno States of Nigeria congruently responding to both chronic and acute needs through a multi-sector strategy in both humanitarian interventions (Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), and now transiting to recovery and building resilience of communities, institutions and individuals most affected by the ongoing hostilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant - Study of value chain analyses
Objectives of the Study
- The General objective of the study is to propose concrete viable options for support or enhancement of the key value chains in Jere, Kukawa and Monguno LGAs, on the basis of a solid analysis of current trends, processes and actors.
The specific objectives are:
- To produce a full mapping of pre-selected value chains today as well as before the crises (10 year ago), including the type, name and location of actors, the quantified flow of resources and communication taking place between actors, summarized production systems, source of inputs, and a geo-referenced map of where they are located;
- To Analyze strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats along the value chains;
- To conduct a rapid market assessment for the pre-selected commodities, including an analysis of current market trends in terms of market demand and supply, price-scheduling mechanisms, market determinant factors, supply chains and government market regulatory and control mechanisms;
- To identify priority value chain which could be supported by the project, and which will be analyzed in more details; and for those value chains
Application Closing Date
- To elaborate of a competitiveness plan for each value chain;
- To Analyze the business models adopted by each actors along the value chains;
- To analyze the opportunities to promote micro and small enterprises along the pre- selected value chains, looking at the specific involvement of marginalized groups (women, youth, IDPs, smallholder farmers) in terms of jobs creation, incomes generation, actual participation in professional organizations / networks etc.;
- To define a value chain recovery and enhancement plan for the pre-selected commodities (in collaboration with the RESILAC team identifying specific aspects where RESILAC can have an impact in unblocking issues.
27th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should sumbit the following information listed below to: [email protected]
The information include:
- Technical and financial proposal detailing his/or her understanding of the TOR and methodology that will be used to undertake the task including proposed methods, sampling strategy, human resources employed, data collection tools and processes, a method of data analysis and final reporting template.
- Also include profiles of previously related tasks carried out in the last 3 years, team composition and CVs of key personnel, detailed work plan, and budget.
- When available for distribution the applicant should also annex copies of any relevant study report authored or co-authored by him/her.
For more details about the role, please contact: [email protected]