Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Management Expert (in Human Trafficking Prevention) - West Africa
- We have been implementing projects, carrying out research and influencing policy and practice for over 75 years. We are present in over 70 countries. Plan is currently carrying out research and programmes with communities, CSOs, research and implementation partners and governments to contribute to the eradication of modern day slavery and human trafficking in West Africa and in key hot spots globally.
- We are calling for Project Management Experts in human trafficking prevention for our database for a consultancy contract. We will be looking to draw-down from this database early summer 2019 for deployment on a multi-year DFID programme.
- Lead project manager for a complex programme on human trafficking prevention
- Oversight of all consortium management, key technical experts and all consortium members
- Manage, monitor and report on programme delivery
- Lead for establishing and maintaining strong donor relations
- Support the monitoring, evaluation and learning team to monitor the progress of the programme against key KPIs and indicators
- Strategic input into the Theory of Change and workplan to deliver against the ToRs
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences or International Development or related subject
- Master's in international development (or a related subject)
- Desirable experiences and qualifications
- Language skills in any of the main languages spoken in Edo State (Edo, Esan and Okpamheri)
- Previous experience working in Edo State, Nigeria
- Established contacts CSO in Edo State in Nigeria
- Established contacts with relevant, NGO's and other related stakeholders in respect to Human trafficking and Modern Slavery in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
- 10 years’ experience as project manager for large and complex programmes
- 5 years’ experience on Human Trafficking related projects
- Proven track of involvement in successful DFID-funded projects
- Previous experience working in Nigeria and the West African region
- In-depth knowledge of the complexities of Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking, the drivers, actors and affected vulnerable groups
- Thorough understanding of the UK governments PPPP strategy in dealing with Modern Slavery
17th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Please include your salary expectations/ daily fee rate in your application.