MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently underserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Purpose of Role
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing new revenue within MKOBO’s existing portfolio of Business Partners and also seek out new Business Partners.
- The role is expected to have a focus on strategizing, prospecting, identifying and signing up of new Business Partners.
- The role ensures an excellent client experience at all times and works in collaboration with the Operations team to ensure smooth transition of new Business Partners into MKOBO.
Qualification and Experience
- Research prospective Business Partners in target sectors, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreement.
- Understand the target sectors, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which business strategies can be used to attract clients.
- Maintain relationships with current Business Partners and identify new prospects within the area you have been assigned.
- Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning.
- Follow the latest industry developments, best practices and stay up-to-date on competitions.
- Leverage MKOBO’s marketing plan and business development unit standard operating procedure (SOP) to develop personal monthly sales plan. Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options;
- Maintaining relationships with existing MKOBO’s Business Partners and other stakeholders by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new business opportunities.
- Recommending profit and service improvements; Identifying product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Present to and consult with Mid and Senior level Management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
- Minimum of Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Communication from a reputable University.
- Post graduate degree an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 Years relevant professional experience in a similar role
- Financial services or technology company experience will be beneficial.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel & Word;
- Ability to achieve set targets.
- Ability to develop long–term relationships with Clients/Business Partners.
- Ability to maintain and develop new Business Partners account, and liaison with back office staff in processing new clients.
- PC word processing, Power point presentation, spreadsheet and database preparation and evaluation skills.
- Goal oriented, focused and achieve targets.
- Self starter and team Player
- Identification of Business Partners’ needs and challenges.
- Strong stakeholder management and team player.
- Ability to network, prospect and persuade new customers.
- Sound interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Leadership, Supervision and Coaching skills
- Highly detail oriented and analytical skills
Application Closing Date
- Experience in marketing and sourcing new clients for Emergency loans and mobilisation of deposit.
- Knowledge of the Financial services sector and the current trends.
- Knowledge of the market, current media issues, social media, competitor behaviour and strategy.
- Knowledge of effective use of Public relations strategy.
- Knowledge of online and offline marketing strategies and tools.
- Knowledge of the financial products and services.
- Experience in developing marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of relationship building and customer management.
- Self Starter and ability to work independently.
30th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: s[email protected]
with "Business Development Manager" as the subject of the email.
If you’re not contacted 2 weeks after the deadline of this application, your application was not shortlisted.