Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Site Supervisor assesses hazards, determines risks, conducts regular inspections, and maintains a safety programme.
- The site supervisor will typically work closely with the Project Manager, and reports to the Construction Manager.
- Supervising workers, subcontractors and work activities.
- Preparing and presenting site inductions, safety briefings and toolbox talks.
- Assessing and managing safety hazards.
- Ensuring appropriate site rules and welfare facilities are in place.
- Helping co-ordinate deliveries of materials, plant and equipment.
- Completing records for site reports.
- Attending site management meetings.
- Carrying out regular inspections to ensure compliance with relevant legal requirements, processes and procedures.
- Raising safety concerns at the appropriate level.
- Resolving problems and implementing improvements.
- Organizing and overseeing external inspections, such as with a health and safety inspector. Providing emergency first aid if required.
Qualification and Skills:
Application Closing Date
- B.Eng Civil Engineering or Building Technology, with appropriate health and safety training. Additional professional qualification is an advantage.
- A positive attitude.
- The ability to communicate with, motivate, and if necessary discipline the workforce.
- The ability to understand drawings and other contract documents.
- A good understanding of safety procedures.
- First aid training
- The ability to mediate to resolve issues.
- An understanding of legal responsibilities.
- An understanding of welfare and environmental issues.
- An understanding of occupational health and behavioral safety issues.
- Work Experience: 4-5 years
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online