Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Supply Chain Manager
Job Type: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring effectively-functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery
- Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors that facilitate smooth flow of services to projects/programmes of the company
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities as regulated by the PPA provisions, relevant Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions
- Implement effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system for projects and related reporting requirements
- Ensure effective use of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Procurement, control of workflows, continuous business processes monitoring and elaboration of improvements in systems and processes
- Implement strategic procurement including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management and performance measurement
- Ensure timely preparation of procurement plans for projects and monitor their implementation by controlling processes including receipt of requisitions, organization of RFQ, ITB and RFP, receipt of quotations, bids and proposals, evaluation and negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with the PPA’s guidelines
- Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
- Promote a zero-tolerance for violations of procurement policies and procedures.
- Organize and deliver trainings for the operations/project personnel on procurement, supply chain, logistics, assets management and synthesize lessons learned and best practices
- Ensure regular submission of procurement activity reports, logistics and assets reports to management and projects
- Ensure all activities are compliant with standard reporting requirements and audits.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
Application Closing Date
- Advanced University Degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, or related field.
- A first level university degree with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and additional 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the delivery and management of procurement and supply chain services, logistics and assets management
- CIPSMN certification highly desirable
- Proficient in the use of computer applications and systems
- Fluency in both verbal and written English is essential. Knowledge of a second UN working language an asset Ability to lead procurement processes using specific procurement methods and to analyze procurement and supply chain service requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open communication; ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behaviour and team spirit
- Ability to develop collaborative and harmonious relationship with external partners and clients at the senior level.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to persuade and influence others
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work schedules.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online